As the holiday season gears up, it’s also the time of the year that we often get ‘too busy’ to take care of our own health. That leaves us entering the New Year on a bad note, and then spending the next few months trying to recover…
Below is a few reasons to visit your Chiropractor during the holiday season to help you stay happy, healthy and ready to conquer the New Year!
- Stress. The holiday season can be stressful when considering the amount of items that get piled on our to-do lists, the additional expenses and even those stressful family encounters. The body deals with stress physically by tensing up – particularly in the neck, back & shoulders. Chiropractic is a powerful tool in dealing with the negative impacts of stress and how it affects the body!
- Aches & Pains. Extended hours at work, sitting in traffic, long road trips, flying & lifting heavy suitcases are all types of ‘wear and tear’ that beat up our bodies. An adjustment can relieve and manage the pains that we feel during this ‘busy’ time of the year.
- Seasonal Depression. As vancouverites, we all know the winter months bring about SAD. It’s during this time of the year where our Vitamin D levels reach an all-time low. Pair this with the typical holiday stress and we see that more and more people start to experience the symptoms of depression. You can fight off the effects of this by keeping your nervous system healthy and subluxation free!
- Digestion. For many people, one of the best things about the holiday season is all the goodies! However, all of these sweets can take a toll on your digestive system, leaving you feeling bloated, lethargic and very uncomfortable. You can combat these discomforts by getting adjusted regularly & being honest about your diet.
- End of the year health coverage – finish off those last bits of your 2016 extended health benefits from your insurance provider to maximize usage & keep yourself functioning at your best!
We look forward to seeing you this holiday season and helping you prepare for a healthy 2017!!